- Distributed by Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation
What Tobi Is:
Who Tobi is For:
Who Shouldn't Take Tobi:
- People who are allergic to tobramycin or other antibiotics in the same family (aminoglycocides).
- People with severely decreased lung function (FEV1 <25%)
How to Take Tobi:
How to Store Tobi:
Some common side effects of Tobi include:
- Sore throat
- Unpleasant taste in the mouth
- Hoarseness or change in voice
Some people who take Tobi have reported hearing loss, which may be a permanent if it occurs. Tell your doctor immediately if you have:
- Ringing in the ears
- Reduced hearing
Tobi can also cause bronchospasm, a condition that restricts the ability to breathe. Tell your doctor immediately if you have:
- Increased coughing
- Shortness of breath
Before taking Tobi, tell your doctor if you:
- Are allergic to Tobi or other aminoglycocide antibitotics, such as streptomycin, amikacin, kanamycin, neomycin, or gentamicin.
- Are pregnant, or planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
- Have kidney or liver disease
A 28-day supply of Tobi costs about $4,500, but it is covered by most insurance plans. If you do not have insurance, or your insurance does not cover Tobi, Novartis has an assistance program that may be able to help if you meet the criteria.
Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation. Tobi Prescribing Information.December 2007.