Life with Cystic Fibrosis
From Lori Alma, former About.com Guide
- Adjusting to Life, Finding Support
- Parenting a Child with Cystic Fibrosis
- Considering Starting a Family
- Real Life: People with Cystic Fibrosis
- Staying Safe
Adjusting to Life, Finding Support
Living with cystic fibrosis, or raising a child with it, can be trying. You need not go it alone.
- Square One: Developing a Plan for Life With Cystic Fibrosis
- Lean on People in the About.com Cystic Fibrosis Forum
- Where to Find Financial Help for Medical Expenses
- Wish Granting Agencies
- What the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Can Do For You
Parenting a Child with Cystic Fibrosis
Kids with this disease have special needs. Understanding them, and how you can address them, is a great place to start.
- How to Get Your Child to Eat Enough
- Are You Using Your Nebulizer Correctly?
- How to Do Manual Chest Physiotherapy on a Young Child
- Where to Turn When Your Child Needs Daycare
- What You Need to Know About Sending Your Child to School
- Is Your House Clean Enough?
- Coping Tips From Parents of Kids With CF
Considering Starting a Family
If you have CF and are considering having children, you will need to do some planning to make sure you are prepared for what may lie ahead.
- Things to Consider Before Starting a Family if You Have CF
- How to Find Out if Your Partner is a Cystic Fibrosis Carrier
- Genetic Counseling Can Help You Make Informed Decisions
- Managing Pregnancy with Cystic Fibrosis
- Your Baby's Risk of Inheriting Cystic Fibrosis
- Can a Mother with Cystic Fibrosis Breastfeed?
Real Life: People with Cystic Fibrosis
Whether you or a loved one are living with cystic fibrosis, or you're wondering what life is like for those with it, you will surely find insight and inspiration in these stories.
- Zoe's Life: One Girl's Story, and Advice From Her Parents
- Notable People with Cystic Fibrosis
- Readers Share Their CF Stories
Some advanced planning and awareness can help you keep your child -- or you -- protected from some of the concerns related to living with cystic fibrosis.